The very idea to consume cigars originated since hundreds of years, approximately in the 10th century. Ancient people, living in the islands of the Caribbean Sea and Mesoamerica had a usual habit to regularly smoke cigars.
Nowadays, cigars are tobacco pieces, which consist of tobacco that is closely tightened within a bundle. Cigars are consumed worldwide and preferred by those who really love good and qualitative tobacco products as the cigars are. Nevertheless, there is an amazing fact that the absolute majority of smokers have no idea how to consume cigars correctly.
Let us firstly get to know more about cigars.
A closed cigar end is described as a cigar ‘head’. This end is put into the mouth while smoking a cigar. Another end where a cigar is lit is described as a cigar’s ‘foot’.
The external cigar’s cover is described as the wrapper. Handle a cigar carefully. It can be fragile; the wrapper is the most sensitive part of the whole cigar.
Smoke you cigars with a precaution:
1. Check a cigar and control if it is not broken. The external tobacco leaf must not be broken or bent down. A cigar must not be dry, but also not too wet. A cigar must be soft, but it must seem to be just a bit firm.
2. Cut a cigar edge. Use a special pair of cigar cutters for that. Cutters differ with their styles and you can select any that you want. But check its integrity firstly. Make sure that a wrapper is not peeled while you smoke a cigar.
3. Check if your cigar can be surely lit up. Check the cigar cover in order to detect whether it is not covered with any remains. Insert a cigar between your lips, and light several times. Air must pass through your cigar without any delay.
4. Light your cigar. Pull your cigar off your mouth and softly touch its tip with your cigar lighter. Use the lighter while moving your cigar back and forward in order to secure that the above part of your cigar is totally passed by your lighter. Your goal is to get your cigar evenly toasted and let it be evenly burnt meanwhile you have a smoke. Some lighters are equipped with the special-kind lighting accessories to secure an outgoing of fire while using your lighter.
5. Consume your cigar smoke. After you have lit your cigarette, watch how the cigar smoke is swirling around your mouth. If the cigar has a taste as you like and your smoke draws properly, go on smoking your cigar. Enjoy your cigar, it has to be savored. Have a pleasure with your smoking. Do not smoke your cigars like cigarettes, these are different things.